Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Explanations

I'd like to attempt to offer you a peek inside my head and my being. I named my blog "Sippy Cups in my Couture". (Duh, we can see that.) I named it that because it reflects two different facets of me. The sippy cup part refers to my being a mom and the paraphernalia that has been invading my house for the past eight years. There are sippy cups and binkies and rattles and puzzles and blocks and Matchbox cars and Nintendo games and more binkies and even some of those useless, junky toys that come in your Happy Meal. The couture part refers to a deeper part of who I am. Of how I'm wired. I've always, as long as I can remember, been sort of a label whore. In elementary school, I wanted Nike or Reebok tennis shoes because they were hip and popular. In middle school, I wanted Guess? jeans because they were hip and popular (and almost everyone but me had a pair). In high school, there were too many to name, but I still wanted them. Why? I don't know. My grandfather was this way and I have a cousin whom I perceive is this way too. At any rate, I like fancy and pricey stuff. Can't help it. It's just who I am. And I currently am sporting a Burberry bowling bag style handbag, thanks to the generosity of The Boy (with some help in product selection from Fancy). I've had other designer purses and handbags since becoming a mom, but none that have been quite as nice as this one. However, one thing has remained the same: I've toted around a binky or a sippy or a Happy Meal toy or a Matchbox car and all the other aforementioned crap in my purse. Yep. A sippy cup full of milk in my direct-from-Harrod's-in-London handbag. So, that's a small glimpse of how I roll every day. I am a mom and a budding fashionista (well, in my own head). And it makes me happy. : )

3 comments:

  1. Well, I love it! You definitely help me enjoy life through your eyes :) And you present it all in such a beautifully grammatical manner that one can't help but take pleasure in reading your thoughts. You truly are a rich momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new blog. I am glad you decided to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you're not a snob. I'm loving your new blog and I, too, am so glad you decided to do it.

    ReplyDelete