Friday, May 14, 2010

Star Wars, Hillbilly style

I wrote this about 18 months ago. I have a weird knack for re-wording song lyrics and making them into something silly. (a la Weird Al) And no, this has nothing to do with my inability to understand song lyrics. (Some of you know my "Hot Cereal" story.) At any rate, here's a little humor for your day. It's been several posts since I've injected any humor and I wanted to share this. I was rather proud of this one.


Please sing along to the tune from "The Beverly Hillbillies":


Come listen to a story 'bout a man named Jed

Poor X-Wing flyer let the fame go to his head

Then one day he was soarin' through the sky

And Leia showed up and caught his eye



Skywalker, that is. Ol' Luke's baby sister.



Well the next thing you know Leia's robes are gettin' tight

Jed's hidin' out with the Ewoks every night

Says, "Naboo is the place I oughta be

Then I won't have little Vaders chasin' after me!"

*insert twangy banjo solo*

2 comments: