Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Day # 12,784

I turned 35 years old today.

How'd I get to be 35?! I mean, really? Just a few hours ago I was 14 and then I was 21 and now I'm thirty-freakin'-five. How does that happen?

Now don't get me wrong, I'm completely okay with being 35. I'm glad I've lived and survived to see this day. It just seems odd that I've made it to "thirty-something"; like I'm still a kid trapped in this adult's life.

It's been a pretty regular day today. Got up. Took the kids to school. Went to my MOPS meeting and came back home. I did have a nice little surprise in the fact that The Boy and Fancy came over to spend the day with me. Myself, King Waffle, The Noob, The Boy and Fancy all went to Salvatore's for lunch. I had shrimp over linguine with marinara sauce. It was delectable, as usual. Then Fancy and The Boy wanted to do a little window shopping so I sent KW and Noob back home while I drove The Boy's phat Bimmer up to The Summit. We strolled and looked and touched all the finery and then loaded up and went for a cup of Starbucks. Later, we returned home to find a box of Whitmans' chocolates waiting for me. I was told that I could go and find a new dress or some new clothes for my gift. (King Waffle may live to regret that decision. I mean, has he MET me?!)

Overall, it's been a pretty decent birthday. I've had more than five dozen people wish me a happy birthday either through Facebook or text message. It's really nice to see an outpouring of happy wishes for your special day. If you were one of those people, I would like to offer a very sincere THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. It's folks like you that make me smile on my special day.

No comments:

Post a Comment